Hurricane Season is Coming
The peak time for the Atlantic Hurricane season is June 1 - November 30. However the most activity is reported around late August and through September. The National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration is predicting this year to have above-average hurricane activity and us at SERVPRO of Chesapeake North want you to be prepared in case a storm hits your area.
How to Prepare:
- gather supplies - water, flashlights, medication, pet supplies
- prepare your home - clean out your gutters and collect outdoor furniture and other items
- review documents - make sure you understand your insurance policies and purchase flood insurance if your home is susceptible to flooding. Also collect personal documents
- help your neighborhood - get in touch with elderly neighbors and make sure they are set on supplies before the storm
- make an emergency plan - create a plan that your whole family is familiar with and practice it
- know your evacuation routes - listen to local authorities and pay attention to your escape routes
For more information visit: ready.gov
If your home is affected by storm damage, contact SERVPRO of Chesapeake North at 757-465-9700. We will respond 24/7.