Advanced Technology and Techniques
The SERVPRO® Advantage of Advanced Technology and Techniques
Cleaning and restoration technology continue to evolve in the restoration industry. In addition to our water and fire cleaning services, SERVPRO® of Chesapeake, Portsmouth, Norfolk West, and Hampton North offers residential and commercial specialized services in mold, electronic, textile, and also document cleaning and restoration. The ability to perform and to commit to these services, requires continued training and dedication to the craft.
It’s senseless to try to do a quality job with inferior tools. Our technicians learn how to best use our equipment which helps them perform their water or fire damage cleanup and restoration job more quickly and efficiently. Keeping up with advanced technology and techniques allow us to quickly help make your house feel like home again and to get your business up and running to full speed.
“The mission of the IICRC is to establish and advance globally recognized standards and certifications for the inspection, cleaning, restoration and installation industries.”
SERVPRO® Technicians are certified with the IICRC and are required to complete industry standard validation for every job. This certification helps to assure our customer that our employees know how to properly and successfully use drying equipment for restoration and cleaning.
Moisture Detection and Measurement Equipment
Scientific drying principles rely upon specialized equipment to detect, measure, and monitor a property’s moisture levels. Recent advances, like infrared cameras, can help us detect water through a wall, ceiling, or floor.
- An infrared camera may be used to identify water location for thorough water removal.
- Sensitive moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation
Water Extraction Equipment
Powerful extraction equipment speeds the drying process by removing the bulk of the water from your home or business.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.
Industrial strength air movers and dehumidifiers are needed to remove the remaining moisture from ceiling, walls, and floors of your home or business. Proper drying helps to prevent swelling and warping of floors, walls, and furniture.
- High-speed air movers causes moisture to evaporate at a faster pace
- Industrial grade dehumidifiers pull the water vapor from the air.
Odor Removal and Deodorization
Water and fire damage often causes powerful odors. The machines we use remove airborne contaminants and control the air quality during the restoration and cleanup process.
- Air scrubbers
- Thermal foggers and deodorization agents
Sanitizing Agents, Germicides, and Anti-Microbial Treatments
The use of OSHA-approved cleaning agents may be needed to clean and remove odors and/or contaminants on your property.
- Deodorization products control odors from excessive moisture.
- Disinfection products stop the growth of bacteria, fungi, mildew, and other harmful microorganisms.