Winter Weather Alerts
SERVPRO of Chesapeake North wants to help you to be prepared for the upcoming winter weather. The National Weather Service will issue advisories and warnings. It is important that you understand these and know how to prepare for winter and to be Winter Safe.
- Blizzard Warning- Winds or gusts to 35 mph or more for at least 3 hours and lots of falling or blowing snow reducing your visibility to less than ¼ mile.
- Winter Storm Warning- 6” or more of snow, or a combination of winter weather types with major impacts.
- Ice Storm Warning- ¼” or more of ice accumulation.
- Winter Weather Advisory- Less than 6” of snow, Less than ¼” of ice accumulation from freezing rain, Visibilities reduced in blowing snow with winds less than 35 mph, Combinations of these.
- Wind Chill Warning- Wind chills of -25°F or colder with winds of 10 mph or higher.
- Wind Chill Advisory- Wind chills of -15°F to -24° with winds of 10 mph or higher.
SERVPRO of Chesapeake North has been serving the community since 1967. We specialize in storm damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained, and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.