Holiday Fire Safety
Did you know that Christmas trees are the culprit for hundreds of house fires every year? If you use a live tree in your home for the holidays, it is important to keep it well watered and hydrated. A dry tree can catch flames in just SECONDS if it comes into contact with an open flame or other ignition source such as a candle or an electrical short.
Be sure to review the manufacturer's safety information included with any electrical decorations to avoid an overload that can cause an electrical short.
Keep burning candled at least 12 inches from anything that is flammable such a curtains, trees paper, or wooden objects.
Make sure your Christmas tree is at least 3 feet away from any heat source including fireplaces, candles, radiators or heat vents. 1 in every 4 winter fires is caused from a tree being too close to a heat source!
SERVPRO Chesapeake North wants you, your family, and your property to stay safe. If you do experience a fire or water damage during the holidays, or any time of the year, our franchise professionals can make it “Like it never even happened.” Available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, we are Here to Help.