How to Prevent/Minimize Water Damage in the Spring
There is no way for a homeowner to completely prevent all water damage under every circumstance however there are steps you can take to prepare your home ahead of the spring-thaw months to prevent common causes of water damage.
- Read and understand your homeowner’s insurance
- Avoid storing valuable items in your basement.
- Install a basement pump or a water alarm
- Remove debris from window wells, gutters & downspouts
- Check for and repair leaks around doors and windows
- Inspect your foundation for cracks and repair any that you find to prevent water seepage
- Trim any trees or bushes away from your home
- Keep your roof in good shape, be sure to make regular repairs to prevent water leaks.
If your home/business experiences water damage, our franchise professionals are on standby 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to make it “Like it never even happened.”